Members work for the Saskatchewan Health Authority in northern and central Saskatchewan, the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency or JT Ambulance. There are more than 2600 SGEU members who are part of the Health Sector.
Melfort, SK S0E 1A0
- Bea Fecke, Acting Chair
- Sharri Laczko, Secretary, Vice-President
- Tammy Brown, Treasurer
- Rob Buchanan, Member-at-Large
- Trent Edwards, Member-at-Large
- Ryan Favel, Member-at-Large
- Genny Goodyear, Member-at-Large
- Wendy McPhail, Member-at-Large
- Wendy Simonson, Member-at-Large
- Jackie McChesney, Member-at-Large
Health Sector 3354-1 Bylaws (April 2023)
Health Sector 3354-2 Bylaws (revised April 2023)
Health Sector 3354-3 Bylaws (April 2023)
Health Providers (2022)
- Local 3354-1 (Melfort area)
- Local 3354-2 (Nipawin area)
- Local 3354-3 (Tisdale area)
- Local 3328-2 (La Ronge area)
- Local 3328-3 (Buffalo Narrows area)
Saskatchewan Cancer Agency
- Local 3024-1
- Local 3024-2
Bargaining Unit Representatives
- Tanya Schmidt, Acting Chair
- Sharri Laczko, Vice-Chair
- Jackie McChesney
- Ryan Favel
- Wendy McPhail
Sask. Cancer Agency
- Trent Edwards, Co-Chair
- Genny Goodyear, Co-Chair
- Colyn Rempel
- Pat Danyluk
- Donna Zaba
- Azure English
- Rob Buchanan
Health Providers Bargaining Reports
- October 8, 2022 — Seniority Conversion Update
- September 28, 2022 — SHA COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
- July 13, 2022 — Seniority Changes – Important Dates
- May 26, 2022 — Seniority, Elections, Proposals Gathering
Health Sector Scholarships
The Health Sector is awarding four $500 busraries. These bursaries are open to all Health Sector members in good standing, their spouses and/or dependants. The applicant must be registered in either full-time or part-time studies at a recognized post-seconary institution. All applicants must apply in good faith as to the completion of their studies.
Apply for Health Sector Scholarships
Local 3354-1 Scholarship
This $250 scholarship is open to students who are graduating from grade 12 during the current school year from a school outside the City of Melfort and whose parent/guardian is a member in good standing of SGEU Local 3354-1.
Apply for Local 3354-1 Scholarship
Melfort and Unit Comprehensive Collegiate Scholarship (Local 3354-1)
This $250 scholarship is open only to MUCC students in grade 12 during the current school term and will attend post-secondary in the fall and whose parent/guardian is a member in good stadning of SGEU Local 3354-1.
Local 3354-3 Scholarship
The Health Sector Local 3354-3 awards up to two $250 scholarships annually. The scholarships are open to all Local 3354-3 members in good standing, their spouses and dependent(s). The applicant must be registered in either full-time or part-time studies at a recognized post-secondary institution. All applicants must apply in good faith as to the completion of their studies.
Apply for Local 3354-3 Scholarship
SGEU Health Sector App
SGEU's Health Sector app can help you stay up to date with the latest Health Sector news.
With this app, you can:
- receive notifications directly to your phone about the latest bargaining updates;
- stay up to date on current news and events related to the SGEU Health Sector;
- provide feedback via online surveys, and;
- easily access your collective agreement.
Download the app today on the Apple Store or on Google Play
Joint Job Evaluation
The Joint Job Evaluation (JJE) Plan determines the minimum qualifications and evaluates the skill, effort, responsibility and working conditions for each of the more than 300 health provider jobs covered by SGEU, SEIU-West and CUPE's collective agreements with SAHO.
A JJE is a key opportunity for you to share feedback and information about your position to be considered in job description updates.
Learn more about the JJE Plan and how you can participate on our Joint Job Evaluation webpage.
American Income Life Member Benefits
The SGEU Health Sector has a no-cost Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit through American Income Life Insurance Company (AIL in Canada). This benefit covers all members in the Health Sector, as well as added benefit coverage for spouses/partners and dependent children under the age of 19.
Members who return the response card will be contacted by an AIL representative to arrange a convenient time to deliver the no-cost benefits and explain additional supplemental insurance programs that are available to the member. Read FAQs about the AIL member benefits.
AIL, in business for over 25 years in Canada, is a 100% union insurance company dedicated to working families.
Learn more about the AIL member benefits. Enter the access code: sgosd
- Saskatchewan Health Authority
- Saskatchewan Cancer Agency
- J. T. Ambulance Services