Community Services Sector
Members work in community-based organizations that provide social services, such as women’s shelters, group homes or mobile crisis units. This sector also includes members who work for a number of northern municipalities.
The Community Services Sector (CSS) is compiled of approximately 1300 members in a total of 35 bargaining units across Saskatchewan. The CSS provides a wide array of services to the members of the community.
Darryl Firth, Vice President
Patricia Patey, Secretary
Carolyn Burnett, Treasurer
CSS Bargaining Units - By Services Provided
Disability Services/Group Homes:
- Saskatchewan Division
- Prince Albert Branch
- Saskatoon Branch
- Battlefords Branch
- Regina Branch
- Swift Current Branch
Citizens All Association Moose Jaw
HELP Homes of Regina
Moose Jaw Diversified Services for the Handicapped Inc.
Pipestone Kinability Moosomin
Saskatoon Housing Coalition, Inc.
SMILE Services Inc.
Society for the Involvement of Good Neighbours Services Inc.
Thunder Creek Rehabilitation Services
Cathedral Daycare Co-operative (no website)
Early Childhood Intervention Program - Regina Region
Mobile Crisis Services -- Regina
Mobile Crisis Services -- Prince Albert
Saskatoon Crisis Intervention Services
Moose Jaw Women's Transition Association
Regina Transition Womens Society
Saskatoon Interval House, Inc.
Saskatoon Sexual Assault and Information Centre, Inc.
Click here for the Community Services Sector Bylaws.
American Income Life (AIL) Member Benefits at NO COST!
The SGEU Community Services Sector has a, no-cost Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit through American Income Life Insurance Company (AIL in Canada). This benefit covers all members in the Community Services Sector, as well as added benefit coverage for spouses/partners and dependent children under the age of 19.
Members who return the response card will be contacted by an AIL representative to arrange a convenient time to deliver the no-cost benefits and explain additional supplemental insurance programs that are available to the member. For more FAQ`s click here
AIL, in business for over 25 years in Canada, is a 100% union insurance company dedicated to working families.
To fill in your beneficiary response card, go to: www.ailife.com/
Community Service Employers
- Battleford Trade & Education Centre
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- CMHA – Regina Branch
- CMHA Saskatoon Branch
- CMHA Battlefords Branch
- CMHA Swift Current Branch
- CMHA Saskatchewan Division (Weyburn Moose Jaw, and Kindersley Branches)
- Cathedral Area Cooperative Daycare
- Citizens All Association (Moose Jaw)
- Cornwall Alternative School, Inc.
- Early Childhood Intervention Program
- Elizabeth Fry Society
- H.E.L.P. Homes of Regina
- Immigrant Women of Regina
- International Women of Saskatoon
- John Howard Society of Saskatchewan
- Regina Mobile Crisis Services
- Moose Jaw Diversified Services
- Moose Jaw Women’s Transition Assoc. Inc., The
- Northern Village of Buffalo Narrows
- Northern Village of Green Lake
- Northern Village of Ile a la Crosse
- Northern Hamlet of Turnor Lake
- Pipestone Kin-Ability Centre
- Prince Albert Mobile Crisis Services
- Rainbow Youth Centre
- Regina Mobile Crisis Services
- RM of Meadow Lake #588
- RM of Paddockwood #520
- Regina Transition Women’s Society
- Saskatoon Crisis Intervention Services
- Saskatoon Housing Coalition Inc.
- Saskatoon Interval House
- Saskatoon Community Mediation Services
- Saskatoon Open Door Society
- Saskatoon Sexual Assault and Information Centre
- Saskatchewan Craft Council
- SMILE Services (Estevan)
- Society for the Involvement of Good Neighbors (SIGN)
- Thomas' Circle of Care
- Thunder Creek Rehabilitation Association Inc.
- Wheatland Regional Centre
- Yorkton Women in Need (Shelwin House)