Stop Privatization of Food Services
The Saskatchewan government is proposing to privatize food services in our adult corrections and young offender centres in Regina, Saskatoon and Prince Albert. This move will result in the elimination of 64 SGEU member positions and could be a first step towards the full-scale privatization of corrections and young offender services. It is a further erosion of the strong public services SGEU members are proud to provide and that make our province a great place to live.
STOP the privatization of corrections food services.
Contact your MLAs!
Help us stop the privatization of food services in corrections and young offender facilities in Regina, Saskatoon and Prince Albert. Make your voice heard! Speak out for the jobs of 64 corrections food services staff, and the future of our public services.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Lobby Day Blitz on March 14,th. Please keep up the pressure on and continue to call, email, write, or visit your Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) to tell them to stop corrections kitchen privatization.
Please see/share Lobby Kit materials below for more information.
- Fact Sheet: Stop Privatization of Corrections Food Services
- This describes the current situation, and provides evidence and arguments against privatizing corrections food services.
- Information Sheet: Meet with your MLA
- Tracking Sheet: MLAs contacted
- Sample Questions: Ask your MLA
- Form Letter: Sign and Send to your MLA
- Contact List: All MLAs
Click here to download all Lobby Kit materials as one PDF.
Past News Releases:
- Government moves ahead on corrections food services privatization proposal despite concerns - February 27, 2014
- Privatizing food services in corrections costly and risky - January 14, 2014
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact SGEU Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org