SGEU's FAIR Committee will be awarding a minimum of one $500 scholarship to an SGEU member, spouse/partner or dependant of an SGEU member who will be continuing their post-secondary education in a Saskatchewan unionized education institution in the current education year.
How to apply
- Be an SGEU member in good standing or the spouse/partner or dependant of an SGEU member in good standing.
- Complete the application form below. A copy of your submission will be emailed to you.
- Write a 200-500 word essay describing yourself detailing your involvement in the community and the union (if a spouse/partner or dependant of an SGEU member, then the involvement of the SGEU member as well), and the life goals they wish to achieve through their education.
- Upload the following documents:
- Copy of your transcript (grades) from the last year of your education
- Copy of the letter of acceptance or confirmation of enrolment by the Sask. unionized educational institution for the upcoming school year.
- Proof of Indigenous ancestry (for Metis individuals that do not have a card, a letter from a local president or some other form of proof will be considered)
- Proof of membership in SGEU (or spouse/partner or dependant's proof of membership)
- Updated resume
- August 31