Are you interested in attending the Prairie School for Union Women?
The Prairie School for Union Women (PSUW) offers trade union women an intensive four days of
learning and sharing in a supportive environment. The goals of the school are to develop
women’s personal and leadership skills and to build solidarity among women workers.
Whether you are a woman who is a long time activist or just starting to get involved in your
union, this school is open to you. This year, the school will be held in-person in Saskatoon
at the Saskatoon Inn and Conference Centre, 2002 Airport Drive, from June 12-15, 2023.
If you are interested in attending, please fill out the form below. A copy of your application will be emailed to you.
Application deadline: April 3, 2023 at 5 pm
Important information to note
- If you have previously attend PSUW on a scholarship from the Women's Committee, you are not eligible to apply again.
- Participants are expected to attend all four days of the school.
- The scholarship will cover the cost of your registration and union leave. Meals, accommodation and transportation costs will also be covered. Carpool is in effect and members will be expected to carpool together.
- Scholarship recipients are required to provide a short written report about your experience at the PSUW, with optional photos from the event, to the SGEU Women’s Committee no later than seven days following the event.
- SGEU will submit your registration form and payment to the Saskatchewan Federation of Labour (SFL) once you have been chosen to receive a scholarship.
- SGEU will process your union leave request according to the days and hours indicated on your application form.
- The SFL will provide you with additional information once you have been registered for the event.