SGEU PortaPlan Insurance
Term Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Young Adult Security Insurance, and Dependent Life Insurance. Our rates are amazingly low – and they are the same for men and women!
SGEU’s Portaplan offers:
- Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Young Adult Security Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
Our rates are amazingly low – and they are the same for men and women!
- SGEU members under age 65 who are resident in Canada, actively at work, and have not been absent for more than 7 of the last 60 days.
- Legal spouses of eligible members
- Dependent children of eligible members
The rates are listed in the Portaplan Application below.
Other Options include:
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment $12 annually per $20,000 unit
- Dependent Children In event of death of a child, $5,000 benefit payable to the parent. $16.20 annually insures all children.
- Young Adult Security Insurance For children aged 16 – 25, same basis as Term Life for members. Non-smoker - $4.41 annually per $20,000 unit. Smoker - $12.93 per unit.
How to Apply: Complete the following forms
PortaPlan Application Form
Request for Pre-authorized Debit (PAD) Plan Form
Smoking Status Declaration Form
Plan Member Change Form
Director, Disability Management Services