Here's why the SGEU Long Term Disability Plan is one of the best plans in the province:
- Disability benefits are paid at 80% of your net pre-disability salary and are non-taxable.
- The SGEU LTD Plan is owned and operated by the SGEU membership and managed by the SGEU LTD Supervisory Committee.
- LTD Claimants have access to two levels of appeal if their claim is declined or otherwise terminated.
- LTD Claimants have access to a Claimant Advocate to provide guidance and assistance in navigating the Plan.
- In-house vocational rehabilitation counseling is available.
How to join:
SGEU bargaining units vote to join the Plan as a group. To find out if your bargaining unit belongs to the SGEU LTD Plan, or to find out how to join, contact:
Director, SGEU Disability Management Services
(306) 522-8571 X 204
sosberg [at] sgeu [dot] org
Stewards can help members understand key facts about LTD and play a role when members return to work. Check out the fact sheets and videos below.
SGEU LTD Plan Guide
SGEU LTD Guide
LTD Plan - Text 2004
LTD Plan - Text 2005
LTD Plan - Text 2006
LTD Plan - Text 2007
LTD Plan - Text 2009
LTD Plan - Text 2010
LTD Plan - Text 2011
LTD Plan - Text 2012
LTD Plan - Text 2013
LTD Documents/ Forms
Staff Roles Letter to Claimant
SGEU Associate Member Registration Form
Letter to Member
Claim for Long Term Disability Benefits
Physician's Initial Report Form
Job Demands Form
Electronic Funds Transfer Form
Release of Information 1 - Insurance
Release of Information 2 - Representative
Release of Information 3 - Physician
Release of Information 4 - Pension
Release of Information 5 - Workers Comp
Release of Information 6 - Advocate
Release of Information 7 - Employment Information
Release of Information 8 - SGI
Excess Sick Leave at Retirement Rebate
Complete LTD Application Kit
LTD Fact Sheet
SGEU LTD Staff: A team working for you
Who we are and what we do. Click here.
Click Here for LTD videos